NEW YEAR'S EVE INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL GALA:
International Celebration of Many Nations AND The Return of the Roaring Twenties
- A LARGE ARRAY OF AMAZING TALENTS AND UNIQUE STYLES OF FUN IN MULTIPLE BALLROOMS;
- A SALUTE TO THE NEW DECADE WITH A RETURN TO SPEAK EASY YEARS OF THE 1920’s;
- LIVE BANDS STARRING 7 DEADLIES
- INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
- WASHINGTON’S BELOVED MASCOTS INCLUDING “TEDDY” FROM THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - THE NATIONALS
…and much more!
1) General Admission
2) Reduced Post Dinner Admission (10:30 PM to 2 AM)
3) VIP Admission
THOUSANDS ATTEND EVERY YEAR – AND THIS YEAR WILL BE NO EXCEPTION!
Tonight, we circle the globe and touch countries from all continents to make this a truly WORLD WIDE WELCOME into 2020!
20 INTERNATIONAL THEMED CELEBRATIONS ~ 7 SEPARATE PARTY ROOMS including 5 HUGE BALLROOMS ~ ONE OF D.C.’s MOST LUXURIOUS LOCATIONS ~ EXCLUSIVE CIRQUE NEW YEAR’S EVE PERFORMANCES ~ A RETURN TO THE “ROARING 20s” ~ LIVE BANDS 7 DEADLIES ~ SALUTE TO MULTIPLE COUNTRIES ~ FULLY STOCKED OPEN BAR ~ MIDNIGHT CHAMPAGNE TOAST ~ HUGE MIDNIGHT BALLOON DROP ~ D.C.’S BEST DJS ~ KARAOKE ~ STROLLING ENTERTAINERS ~ PARTY FAVORS ~ CARICATURIST DRAWINGS ~ AFRICAN DANCE SHOW ~ THE CHINESE LION DANCE ~ SPANISH FLAMENCO PERFORMANCE ~ LIVE IRISH DANCE SHOW ~ LIVE MEXICAN DANCE SHOW ~ OPERA ~ CLASSIC RUSSIAN DANCE PERFORMANCE ~ OKTOBERFEST CELEBRATION ~ INCREDIBLE HOTEL ROOM RATES ~ WHITE GLOVE SERVICE ~ VIP OPTIONS ~ MANY BARS AND STATIONS TO PREVENT LONG LINES ~ A SELL OUT EVERY YEAR ~ AND MUCH MORE!
… including the World Series Champ's - Washington Nationals - most beloved President, TEDDY and other mascots ready to race into 2020 and welcome in the new year with thousands of their fans!
- Exclusive International Performances throughout the Party
- Starring: One of Washington’s Favorite Live Bands – 7 Deadlines
- The DJ talents of DJ Pumpkin, and DJ XTA-C
- A Special Ballroom bringing back the Charleston. The Speakeasy and fun of the 1920’s
- Around the World Entertainment and themes in multiple Large Ballrooms
- Live Shows, Dance Lessons, Magic, Karaoke, Live International Performances from Many Regions
- Teddy, the Racing President from the Nationals, celebrating the World Series Victory of 2019!
… and much more! (Read On)
When World Leaders, Celebrities and Corporate Titans visit Washington, D.C. where do they stay, dine, dance and want to be seen?
When FDR wanted a place to host his first inaugural ball, where did he go?
When the Beatles first hit America in 1964 and arrived in DC, where did they stay?
When Bill Clinton wanted to play his saxophone at his Inaugural Ball, where did he go?
THE LUXURIOUS OMNI SHOREHAM HOTEL!
For years, thousands of TTD members each year have celebrated an exciting party at this majestic venue…home of major Inaugural Balls and international formals and functions since its inception…guaranteed to provide a night you will never forget! We are once again returning due to their excellent reputation, fast service on keeping all food and bar lines short, and the amazing reviews and response we have received after each Gala.
Tonight, as we ring in 2020 we invite you take a journey around the world without ever leaving Washington’s royal and historic hotel! Tonight, you will circle the globe and visit many continents as you make your way from one huge grand ballroom to the next.
You’ll have your choice of how and where you want to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Do you want the high-energy excitement of New York City and Hollywood No problem! Want to feel like you are at the ball pack cheering on the Nationals after a great season? We’ve got you covered! Maybe cheering on the amazing season of the Washington Nationals with their beloved mascot? Done! Prefer recreating a Bastille Day Celebration combined with a 21st Century Euro scene? We bring the European connection to you. Want to cry to Ave Maria and then Dance to the Mexican Hat Dance? Confirmed! Breaking it down with star DJ XTA-C or 7 Deadlies? Only in our USA Celebration Rooms! Want to celebrate Carnival in a South American fashion? Join the midnight parade with live dancers and DJ Pumpkin. Want to feel like you are a world traveler in a single night? How about special New Year’s Performances from Asia, Africa the Middle East, Dublin, Moscow, Madrid, and Munich?
In addition, we are showing our support for the ZIMS Foundation and their battle against Multiple Sclerosis.
- THE MAGIC OF THE USA, TIMES SQUARE, HOLLYWOOD, & NATIONALS PARK
• THE REBIRTH OF THE ROARING TWENTIES
• THE HIGH ENERGY OF EUROPE’S HOTTEST CLUBS
• THE MYSTERIES OF AFRICAN TRADITIONS
• THE CARNIVAL CELEBRATION OF THE SOUTH AMERICAN NATIONS
• THE SALSA FIESTA OF HAVANA
• THE SALUTE TO ANTARCTICA
• THE TANGO OF BUENOS AIRES
• THE AWESOMENESS OF THE ANCIENT CHINESE CIVILIZATION
• THE ROMANCE OF VENICE
• THE EXHILARATION OF MEXICO
• THE MAJESTY OF MOSCOW
• THE WARMTH OF A SPANISH FLAMENCO
• THE ECSTASY OF BOLLYWOOD
• THE EXCITEMENT OF OKTOBERFEST IN MUNICH
• THE JOY OF DUBLIN
• THE CELEBRATION OF THE PENNANT
• THE SPIRIT OF THE CARIBBEAN
• THE INSPIRATION OF TOKYO
SEVEN ROOMS – TWENTY NATIONS – AT LEAST TWENTY UNIQUE INTERNATIONAL CELEBRATIONS
(A) THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE – GRAND BALLROOMS
1) TIMES SQUARE (New York City) – STARRING DJ XTA-C
In the Omni’s Majestic Regency Ballroom – one of Washington DC’s Largest Ballrooms!
If there is one place on earth synonymous with New Year’s Eve, it’s Times Square. The enthusiasm and energy of the famed crossroads of the world comes alive in the Omni’s famed Grand Ballroom as we welcome in the New Year – BIG APPLE STYLE!
Embrace your patriotic spirit with pride and enthusiasm as we transport you to a trendy New York nightclub setting with one of Washington’s best DJs spinning the greatest American retro, top 40, hip hop, and dance! A giant midnight balloon drop (with a hidden apple) and light show will welcome you to 2020. (…and you don’t have to risk frostbite.)
The luxurious Grand Ballroom is one of the most elegant in Washington. It has seen the celebrations of many of America’s leading official inaugural Balls (since FDR) as well as history’s most important figures from the United States and around the world. Dance in the footsteps of world leaders and movie stars as you celebrate the New Year – Times Square Style – in this majestic locale.
At some point we will also be offering a special salute to our members in the armed forces. If you are in the military, feel free to come in special military dress as we want to honor you for your service to our country.
Again, be prepared as a GIGANTIC BALLOON DROP covers the dance floor at the stroke of midnight!
2) THE RETURN OF THE ROARING TWENTIES
It was a time of DECADENCE where new music exploded, the economy prospered, and the people of New York, Chicago, and other cities drank in underground clubs, in fear of the law.
As we approach the 2020s, we celebrate in a time machine to the 1920s! Learn the Charleston and the Fox Trot, Swing to the hits of Louie Armstrong, Benny Carter, Duke Ellington, Count Basie and other Rag time Hits, and celebrate an open bar in defiance of the 18th Amendment!
Though, be on the lookout as Al Capone and the Keystone Kops (both of which are expected to make an appearance).
Our private Roaring Twenties room will include a dance performance followed by an expert taught dance class to get you started on the Fox Trot and the Charleston.
3) TEDDY AND FRIENDS FROM THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS (WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS)
No matter who you root for in the MLB Teddy is a friend to all Washingtonians – and plays for Team New Year’s Eve tonight! At each National’s game, everyone always cheers on their favorite president. Unfortunately, Teddy rarely wins these races. But, he still remains one of the most popular Presidents at the Stadium. He and several of his Presidential friends will make an appearance to welcome in a year and celebrate their World Series VIctory
4) THE HOLLYWOOD EXPERIENCE: Starring Seven Deadlies
Hit the Sunset Strip and enjoy our Hollywood Headliner!
Whether you are going back in time to the 1980s, 1990s, Y2K, or celebrating the greatest dance hits from 2019, we have you covered!
Things to Do is honored and excited to have secured one of Washington, D.C.’s most well-known bands and staples - 7 DEADLIES – to ring in 2018. They will bring its diverse array of classics, Top 40, contemporary, and retro classic hits to guarantee a good time.
One minute they are covering Fall Out Boy, Blink 182 and Weezer, the next Tom Petty, Aha, or Run DMC … Their show covers a lot of musical ground with a lot of energy and enthusiasm!
(B) THE CARIBBEAN
1) BARBADOS, BAHAMAS, JAMAICA, and ALL THE OTHER CARIBBEAN COUNTRIES
- STARRING DJ PUMPKIN
Want to take a break from the busy streets of a Metropolis? How about a visit to the beach and an exciting Barbadian, Jamaican, Bahamian music! The Spirit of the Caribbean comes alive as you enter this tropical paradise with a New Year’s style island celebration!
Here you will experience one of Washington’s most celebrated DJs – DJ PUMPKIN! DJ PUMPKIN is a star of many of the Caribbean Embassies and he has plenty of International fans, especially throughout the Caribbean! He is a regular performer every Friday Night on the internet radio station, SweetRiddim
Do the limbo, dance the Conga line, raise your hands, and dance like crazy all night long!
2) BONUS: WIN A TRIP TO THE CARIBBEAN! Enter a drawing to win a vacation trip to one of the Caribbean Islands or Cancun, Mexico.
(C) CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA
1) THE 1950′s HAVANA SALSA EXPERIENCE
Optional Salsa Lessons at 10:30 PM
During the 1950′s, if you wanted some hot Salsa Dancing, you went to the most popular night spots and hotels in Havana. Tonight, you’ll find it in the Omni Shoreham!
This is not Fidel Castro’s Cuba, but the wild times of 1950’s Havana where Americans once vacationed, relaxed and danced in style! Enjoy Salsa and Meringue throughout the night as we bring you a taste of the hottest Latin music around.
Our Havana celebration will be packed with flavor! The irresistible sound of one of Washington’s hottest Salsa DJs, will lead your feet to the dance floor for an exciting night of dancing to Latin sounds!
2) RIO De JANIERO and CARNIVAL PARADE OF ALL SOUTH AMERICA – WITH LIVE NATIVE CARNIVAL SAMBA DANCERS
As a special treat, tonight we take you to the Sambadrome of Rio De Janeiro through a special music and dance performance. Dressed in Carnival costumes, we’ll experience an amazing Carnival performance in parade style representing Rio de Janeiro and a medley of other Caribbean and Latin American countries.
Dance the Conga line, sip some island cocktails, and take in the relaxing atmosphere that is the Caribbean and Latin America!
3) THE MEXICAN DANCE PERFORMANCE – INCLUDING THE HAT DANCE!
Dressed in the traditional Mexican celebratory outfits, experience the heritage you might find in the streets of Mexico City, Cancun. Cozumel, and many more! Tonight’s performance includes many Mexican celebratory dances, including the famous Mexican Hat dance!
1) PARIS, PRAGUE, LONDON, MOSCOW, BERLIN AND THE EUROPEAN HIGH ENERGY NIGHTLIFE EXPERIENCE:
Want to take down the French nobility like never before? Those looking for an intense high energy European Nightclub experience need look no further. Rivaling the best hot spots of Paris, Berlin, Rome, London, Prague, Madrid, and Amsterdam tonight we offer you non-stop, pulsating, high energy Euro Dance beats and club music from one of Washington’s top DJs.
2) ITALIAN OPERA
Before the dancing and the celebrations, enjoy some culture as we open your hearts to the spirit of the opera halls of Venice, Florence and Rome. Enjoy a medley of some of Italy’s (and Europe’s) most famous and treasured Opera presentations.
3) EUROPEAN BALLROOM DANCING with DANCE LESSONS
From 9:30 PM to 10:30 PM, we are transforming a ballroom into an 18th Century European Ball! We will begin with refresher lessons before hitting the Waltz, Tango, and other classical ballroom classics to Strauss, Mozart, Mancini and other classical masterpieces.
4) OKTOBERFEST CELEBRATION:
As it is perhaps the wildest celebration in Europe, tonight we will showcase Oktoberfest with a live traditional German/Oktoberfest Dance Presentation and Dance Lesson! Dressed in authentic traditional outfits, the leading Alpine Dancers will bring the spirit of Munich to D.C. for a special revelry and feier!
Ever been to Durty Nellys in Ireland? Or Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day? Well, tonight our Irish Dancers deliver the classic Irish Spirit with a unique dance presentation that rival the Leprechauns of Galway, Cork and Killarny!
Not modern Russia, or even the Soviet Union. Tonight, be privy to a unique 18th Century classic Russian dance performance that evokes the spirit of the Czarist Empires and classic decadent parties throughout the Old Country. The performance followed by an optional lesson.
Perhaps one of the most exciting European dances if the FLAMENCO! This New Year’s Eve, take a trip to the streets of Spain’s hottest clubs and witness a spectacle admired by the most enthusiastic of dance aficionados.
1) THE TOKYO EXPERIENCE: KARAOKE
- Make Your Own Entertainment
In Japan, karaoke is a religion. The hottest clubs in Tokyo have private booths where you can live out your rock and roll star fantasies. Tonight, we bring the spirit and feel of urban Tokyo to Washington and make you the center of it all. Take the stage and sing your heart out. Choose your song and perform it live in front of everyone. Also, take home a special free souvenir as a leading local caricaturist draws your picture with a unique background.
2) CHINESE LION DANCE: The Native Chinese “Wong People Lion Dancers” of Washington DC Chinatown will clear away any lingering evil spirits from 2018 to make room for a very lucky and prosperous New Year for all. After their incredible performance, they will stay around to pose for pictures and answer questions. For more about the Chinese Lion Dance, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_dance.
(F) THE BOLLYWOOD EXPERIENCE:
Bollywood combines the music of India with the beats of the West to create something unique and incredibly fun. Going out in Mumbai, Chennai, or Delhi has become a must-do for every worldwide star, and tonight you get to experience it as they do. Our DJ will make you believe you’re in Mumbai with high-energy music unlike anything you’ve experienced before.
Tonight, in a special native performance, our African dance troupe will lead us on a journey to the Serengeti, Mt. Kilimanjaro and Cape Town with African culture through dance, drumming, song and poetry since 1997. Dressed in full native traditional African outfits, we will be dazzled by their interactive show and energy. Afterwards, they will stay around for pictures and to answer any questions you may have. Exact times of the performance and ballroom location will be noted in a special program that will be emailed to all attendees before the event.
Be on the “look out” for a special surprise visitor – well, OK a PENGUIN. Be the first to find this penguin and you will win a special dinner for two aboard the Odyssey (local Dinner Cruise Ship).
For your price of admission, in a single evening, you will revel in and enjoy:
- One of Washington’s Most Luxurious and Historic Hotels
- Fully Stocked Open Bar
- Plenty of Comfort Space with No Long Lines for Food or Drinks
- Midnight Champagne Toast
- Elaborate Buffet Menus (served by the same kitchen that serves royalty)
- Washington’s Best DJs
- A Return of the Roaring Twenties!
- Exclusive Cirque Performances
- The Live Talents of Seven Deadlies
- The High-Energy Rockin' Beats of DJ XTA-C
- The Live Caribbean Talents of DJ Pumpkin
- Teddy and Other Mascots
- Al Capone and the Keystone Kops
- Salsa (with optional lessons)
- The Mexican Hat Dance
- A Costumed Carnival Celebration
- An African Dance Presentation
- A Chinese Lion Dance Presentation
- Russian Dance Show
- Oktoberfest Dance Presentation
- Live Irish Dancing
- Caribbean Music
- Ballroom Dancing (with optional lessons)
- Huge Balloon Drops
- VIP Options
- Three Different Ticket Times and Prices
- Hats, Tiaras, Party favors and Giveaways
- AMAZING Low Discounted Overnight Hotel Rates (only $152)
...plus many more surprises.
FULLY STOCKED OPEN BAR & ELABORATE INTERNATIONAL DINER MENUS:
The kitchen that has served every president since its inception, world leaders, celebrities and the very rich and famous, tonight will serve you as you welcome in 2020! This year, we have more open bars and food stations than ever to minimize lines for drinks and food. In addition to our open bar and midnight champagne toast, the Omni’s chefs will have many unique food stations and menus including:
Eastern Shore Crab Bisque
Shrimp and Pasta warmed in Gruyere
Top Round Carving Station, surrounded by vegetables
Offered with a Horseradish Crème Fraiche & Red Wine Reduction
Beef empanadas with Salsa Verde
Menu Buffets Above (9:00 PM – 10:30 PM)
Dessert Display (11:00 PM - 1:00 AM)
- Chocolate Fountain
- Flowing Milk Chocolate to be Dipped with Fresh Cubed Maui Pineapple and Cantaloupe, Sliced Bananas, Fresh Whole Strawberries, Marshmallows, Pretzel Sticks, Pound Cake and Rice Crispy Treats.
- Belgian Chocolate 2020 medallion
- Miniature French & Viennese Desserts to Include:
- Triangle of Flourless Chocolate Torte, Dark Chocolate Caramel Turtles, and s’mores bars
- White Chocolate Mousse Cake, Apricot Tart with Almonds,
- Assorted Mini Mousse Shooters and Signature Cake Pops
- Fresh Fruit Display
- Freshly Brewed Starbucks Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee
- Tazo Hot Teas
10:30 PM Admission ($105 Option)
We are pleased to offer a special $105 ticket option for admission at 10:30 PM.
This post-dinner admission ticket option includes:
- Top Shelf Open Bar;
- a Scrumptious Dessert Buffet (see full description for menu);
- Multiple Separate Themed Celebrations in Multiple Ballrooms (see basic party description);
- Midnight Champagne Toast;
- Spectacular Midnight Balloon Drop;
- Live Bands (starring Dr. Fu and Herr Metal);
- Exclusive NEW YEAR’S CIRQUE Du 2020 New Year’s Eve Performance;14
- D.C.’s Best DJs;
- Karaoke, Teddy and other mascots from the Nationals, Party Favors, and Caricaturist Drawings, and much much more.
OPTIONAL OVERNIGHT HOTEL STAY – Only $156 a Night!
TTD has arranged with the Omni Shoreham for an optional overnight hotel stay on New Year’s Eve – at the incredible rate of $156 for the night!
(NOTE: The prices for the hotel rooms are separate from the gala tickets. A hotel room reservation does not include a ticket to the gala! )
PRICES SUBJECT TO INCREASE AT ANY TIME
Remember, this Party Sells Out Every Year and the price will regularly increase.